<< Back to results

The IWC Glossary

A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K    L    M    N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U    V    W    X    Y    Z   

Court of Protection

If a persons loses mental capacity and has no Lasting Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney in place the next of kin can apply to the Court of Protection for a Deputyship Order.
If a Deputyship Order is granted the Deputy can then take over the affairs of the person who has lost capacity.
Advice should be sought when trying to deal with this issue
See also

Contact us


Call us for a quote, instant help or impartial advice on freephone
0800 612 6105 0800 calls are free - 0333 are local rate - Just click to Call

Or complete the form below